This is the first recipe post on RuskAndTea and this is my treat to all our lovely readers.
I’m starting with my favourite food…Chicken!!! I have been a chicken lover all my life and chicken in any form tickles my taste buds and I am sure, I am not alone. Whenever I play host for a weekend party or plan a menu for a special occasion, it’s kind of mandate for me to include a chicken recipe in it (well… this is confessions of a chicken loverJ).
Today I am sharing a simple recipe with you – Pepper Chicken Tikka. This is one of my favourite starters, a perfect blend of taste and health.
Baked Pepper Chicken Tikka
Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Boneless chicken – 1/2 kg
- Black peppercorns roasted -12 to 15
- Ginger – a small piece
- Garlic -8-10 cloves
- Green chillies – 3
- Onion – 3
- Garam masala powder -1/2 tsp
- Egg white -1
- Corn flour – tbsp
- Yogurt – 1cup
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and sauté ginger, garlic, onion, green chillies till onion turns brown.
- Add garam masala, roasted peppercorns and salt.
- Cool the mixture and grind to a paste.
- In a bowl, combine the onion paste, yogurt, fresh cream, egg white, corn flour and salt.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for a min of 1 hour.
- Thread the chicken on a skewer and bake in a preheated oven at 250 Degree Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn sides at half time.
- Serve hot with chutney/ sauce of your choice.
Weight watchers can use low fat yogurt and low fat cream for the recipe.
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-60162121-1’, ‘auto’);