The very first miracle of Jesus Christ was turning water into wine. The transformation was heavenly and within seconds with the grace of God. Here we need a total of forty two days, some ingredients and of course His grace to make this grape wine.
Make this wine and delight your friends and family and I’m sure you are going to get a lot of appreciation. Here we go…
- Dark, sweet grapes -1kg
- Luke warm water -3 bottle (beer bottle/ approximately 320 ml)
- Sugar- 1 kg
- Wheat grains washed and drained – 2ounce/approximately 56 gms
- Egg white -1
- Yeast -1ounce / approximately 28gms
- Sugar caramel – of 1 cup sugar
- Separate grapes from its bunch, clean and pat dry
- Put the cleaned dry grapes along with ½ kg sugar, wheat grains, egg white and yeast into a clean dry glass jar (Bharani) and mix well. Make sure that only 3/4th of the jar is filled.
- Open the lid of the jar and stir the mixture with a wooden spatula for 5minutes everyday for 21 days.
- After 21days squeeze the juice out of grapes and strain to remove grape skin using strainer. Collect the strained liquid in a clean dry jar. Add the remaining ½ kg sugar and the sugar caramel to it and mix well. Cover the mouth of the jar with a clean cloth and lid as well. Keep it unshaken for another 21days.
- After 21 days collect the clear wine from the top of the jar into clean, dry bottles without further mixing or shaking.
- Wine is now ready to be served in beautiful wine glasses
- Fill the glass bottles with 1 tablespoon of rum or brandy before pouring wine to it (at step5) for the wine to last longer.
- Make the sugar syrup darker by keeping it on flame for little longer while caramelizing to get a golden colour for the wine.
** Adapted from a recipe in Vanitha