Do you also often have leftover idlies in your kitchen like me??? My leftover idlies were either force fed to my family or they would find their way into the bin. Honestly I hated both these options. That is when I put together simple ingredients in my kitchen to find a yummy solution for my problem. Here is my recipe to make use of the leftover idlis. Once I used to make it with the leftover idlis and now I make idlis to prepare this -idli in spicy masala. What’s best about this recipe is its very simple to make and that it doesn’t need any side dishes.
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Idlis: 12 nos
- Onion: 2 medium
- Tomato: 1 medium
- Curry leaves: 2 strands
- Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
- Chilly powder: 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder: ½ tbsp
- Salt: for taste
- Cut each idli into 4-6 pieces and keepaside
- Heat oil in a pan, crack mustards, add the chopped onion to it and sauté.
- Once onion starts turning brown, add chopped tomatoes and sauté well.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and sauté till the raw smell goes.
- Add the cut idli pieces to this and mix well. Switch off flame and keep lid closed for 2 mins and serve hot.