I have my extended family around and we often plan family get-together. These gatherings are real fun and the best part according to all of us is the food. We women also see it as a platform to exhibit our proven cooking experiments (well.. I mean samples tested on our guinea pigs at home ). During one of such occasions, I happened to taste this dessert which my Aunty made and I was instantly in love with it. Aunty was generous enough to not just share the recipe but to give me detailed instructions too. This is a three layered dessert with custard, jelly and cream.
Cooking time: 20 mins
Setting time: 2 hours
- Custard powder – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 4.5 cup
- Sugar -2 tbsp
- Jelly mix – 4 tbsp (I used strawberry flavour)
- Water – 2 cups
- Thick cream – 1 pack
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Crushed nuts – 1/2 cup (Cashew and Pistachios)
- Crushed cashew – 1/3 cup
- Crushed pistachios – 1/3 cup
- Raisins –1/3 cup
- Mix custard powder in 2.5 cup of milk and keep aside
- Boil 2 cups of milk with 2tbsp of sugar
- Add the custard mix to the boiling milk and stir well without lumps
- Keep aside to cool and pour in a tray and refrigerate to set
- Combine jelly mix with 1 cup hot water and stir till it dissolves completely
- Add 1 cup of cold water to it
- Keep in fridge till it is half set
- Pour over the custard once the custard is set well
- Mix sugar and half of the crushed nuts to the thick cream and combine well.
- Refrigerate this and pour over the custard and jelly to form the third layer.
Once all the layers are set, garnish with the nuts and raisins. Cut and serve chill.
So that’s it. Go ahead. Treat your loved ones with this triple decker delight this Easter. Have a blessed Easter everyone.
- You must prepare the custard and jelly as per the instructions on the label to make sure your custard and jelly gets set.
- The bottom layers must be properly set before you pour in the next layer
- Setting time should be adjusted accordingly
- You can change sugar quantity according to your taste
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-60162121-1’, ‘auto’);