I am a festivity-addict.. I just don’t miss an occasion that I can celebrate. Seems like those households in daily soaps which have conquered the prime time… eh?? Now I got a companion who is equally crazy, if not more, about festivals and celebrations, my 4 year old daughter. This Easter season we did a few simple crafts together, which I will post sometime soon. As we were googling the other day, Doll was all impressed by Easter baskets and wanted one for her. That’s when I decided to create one at home. Up-cycling or Trash to Treasure as I like calling it, has always impressed me. I decided to up-cycle something that I can find around the house to make Dolly’s Easter Basket.
Trash to Treasure – DIY Easter Basket
· A plastic container
· Foam sheet
· Embellishments – Lace, Ribbon etc.
1. Take a plastic can, preferably one with a handle. I chose a yogurt can. An ice-cream tub with a handle will also be great.
2. Cover the can with a foam sheet. You could also use any other plain decorative paper.
3. Create your own embellishments or use readymade ones.
4. Decorate the can with embellishments.
4. I used lace cloth and ribbon.
5. Fill in Easter goodies and surprise your little ones.
I had a great Easter as I managed to get a sweet smile on my kid’s face with this simple craft.
Try it out and I am sure you will love the reward you get . I would be happy to know how it turned out..
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-60162121-1’, ‘auto’);