Schools have started and mommies are busy browsing through cookbooks and web pages for kids recipes. Planning lunch box and snack box menu is definitely a challenge for moms. We have been posting recently on back to school tips for moms and we plan to put some quick and easy kids recipes in the following posts. So here goes the first one, a simple yummy snack for kids.
I used to love this snack as a kid and now it’s my son’s favorite too. Doodu… Does the name puzzle you? It’s not as puzzling as the name. This is another recipe that my Mom brought from Nigeria when we came back. I’m not pretty sure whether this is the real name of it. May be the name was given by Mom. But whatever.. even now, Doodu is the much loved snack at home.
By the way. I did not tell you the main ingredient for Doodu. Did I? It’s made from ripe bananas. Yes… You read it right. Banana! The only snack with ripe banana that comes to the mind of any Keralite would be Ethakya Appom aka banana fritters (the very thought of it is making me drool) Anyways.. Doodu is equally good. Your child will love it and your hassle of feeding your child bananas is gonna end soon.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Ripe banana- 1
Salt- a pinch
Oil- 3 tbsp (for frying)
1. Cut the bananas into 1 inch thick triangle or oval shape.
2. Sprinkle salt over it.
3. Fry it in the oil turning sides at medium flame till it starts changing colour.
4. Take out the Doodu on to a tissue to drain excess oil.
1. Cut the bananas length wise into 4 and then horizontally with 1inch thickness to get triangle shaped pieces.
2. Ensure that there is a gap among the pieces so that they don’t stick to each other.
That’s it. 1, 2, 3,4 .. 4 simple steps to a mouth watering, healthy snack. Try it soon.
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-60162121-1’, ‘auto’);