It has been some time we posted on the blog. Adjusting to the new routine lol!!!
Schools have reopened and mommies and kiddies are back on track. Mommies are worried about how to fill the lunch boxes with tasty food that their kids will love without compromising on the nutrient content. Kiddies may not always like to take rice
for lunch. But we Mommies can’t agree to that. Our last post was a healthy snack box recipe
. As we promised we will be posting a series of snack box and lunch box recipes that moms could effortlessly make and pack for their little ones. Here is a quick veg rice
lunch box recipe.
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 7mins
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Carrot (diced into cubes)- 1/2
Potato (diced into cubes) – 1/2
Beans (thinly diced) – 3
Sweet corn kernels – 2 tbsp
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Salt – to taste
1. Soak the rice in water for 10 mins.
2. In a pressure cooker, add ghee and put the vegs and sauté for 1min.
3. Add rice and fry for another 1 min.
4. Add water and salt and pressure cook for 5mins or until rice gets cooked.
1. I avoided corn kernels to suit the taste of my son.
2. The cooking time may vary according to the pressure cooker.
Really quick to make, colourful, tasty and healthy. Can be served with raita or curries of your child’s choice.
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-60162121-1’, ‘auto’);